Getting Your Own US Student Visas

visa card

Moving to another country is a big change, and knowing where to begin is important. Learn common questions for your student visa so that you can prepare for the process.

  1. When should I apply? You must wait for course acceptance and apply as early as 120 days before enrollment.
  2. What type of student visa do I need? A US student visa is called an F-1 visa.
  3. How much money do I need? The cost of a visa varies depending on where you go. The minimum must cover the first year of costs. You will need to provide proof that you have the money to cover those expenses.
  4. Can I work while on my visa? You can work up to 20 hours on campus, but your courses must begin before you can work.

The Law Office of Nathan Christensen can help you with other questions regarding your visa.

Related Posts
  • What the Upcoming Expiration of Title 42 Means Read More
  • USCIS Policy Revisions from January 2023 Read More
  • USCIS Updates Maximum Validity Periods for EADs for Certain Applicants Read More