Military Parole in Place Top-quality representation at affordable prices.

Military Parole in Place (PIP) in Dallas

Apply for Parole in Place With Christensen Immigration Attorneys

As of 2013, parole in place (or PIP) is a program allowing undocumented family members of U.S. citizen military personnel to adjust their immigration status despite entering the country unlawfully. Non-citizen family members can apply for a green card without needing to first leave the United States.

Normally, entering the U.S. unlawfully would make you ineligible to obtain an immigrant visa. Such individuals often have to leave the country and go through consular processing. Leaving the country after entering unlawfully is a huge risk, as it may subject you to a three- or ten-year bar. However, if you are an immediate relative of a U.S. citizen that has served in the military, parole in place can enable you to apply for a green card without leaving the country.

Need help applying for parole in place? Contact Christensen Immigration Attorneys online or call (972) 497-1017 to make an appointment with an experienced immigration attorney near you. Se habla Español.

Military PIP Eligibility

To be eligible for parole in place, you must be an immediate relative of a U.S. citizen. This includes:

  • Spouses
  • Parents
  • Unmarried children under the age of 21

Your U.S. citizen family member must either:

  • Be on active duty in the U.S. Armed Forces
  • Be a current member of the Army Reserve
  • Have previously served in either the armed forces or reserves.

You must also be admissible to adjust status. There are many factors to consider in this and you will need to speak to a military PIP attorney near you to make sure you qualify.

How to Apply For Parole in Place

To apply for parole in place, you must complete Form I-131and submit it to your local USCIS office. Your application should contain:

  • A cover letter. Include information about the service member or veteran, their relationship to the you (the applicant), your immigration status, and if the service member has experienced hardship due to your status.
  • Form I-131, Application for Travel Document
  • Proof of your familial relationship to a service member. Examples: birth certificate, marriage certificate, etc.
  • Proof of your family member's service in the military. Provide a copy of their military ID or deployment orders.
  • Proof of service member's U.S. citizenship or permanent resident status. Send a copy of a birth certificate, naturalization certificate, green card, etc.
  • Proof of identity. Copy of a passport or or birth certificate and driver's license.
  • 2 passport-style photos of the applicant
  • Send any relevant evidence that you want USCIS to take into consideration such as awards, certifications you received or commendations that your military service member relative has received.
  • If application, send a certified criminal disposition. If your situation involves this, please speak to an experienced immigration attorney right away.

Don't navigate this alone. Give our Coppell military PIP attorney a call at (972) 497-1017. Request a consultation today! Our services are available in Spanish.

We Are a Family That Works & Celebrates Together

Our Clients View More

Our Client Testimonials

  • "Everyone there is very attentive, kind, and professional. I highly recommend him and his team to anyone looking for an immigration attorney!"
  • "They were very welcoming and made sure that we understood the topic at hand. Answered all our questions we had and guided us with trust and honesty."
    Amy A.
  • "He just made us feel very positive about my mom's case. She just became resident thanks to him and his excellent team. I recommend them to anyone who has a case with immigration,"
    Margarita M.
  • "I got my citizenship now and the Law Office of Nathan Christensen formed part of my life."
    Miguel S.
  • "The whole office was helpful, and the process was so easy."
    Jackelin R.

Begin Your Immigration Journey Today

  • Please enter your first name.
  • Please enter your last name.
  • Please enter your phone number.
    This isn't a valid phone number.
  • Please enter your email address.
    This isn't a valid email address.
  • Please make a selection.
  • Please enter a message.
  • By submitting, you agree to be contacted about your request & other information using automated technology. Message frequency varies. Msg & data rates may apply. Text STOP to cancel. Acceptable Use Policy