Three Ways You Can Receive A Green Card Through Employment or Business With Advice From an Immigration Attorney

visa application

Foreign nationals may receive a green card through their employer. Four classes of workers are eligible for green cards – EB-1 – Priority Workers (people with extraordinary ability; EB-2-Professionals with Advanced Degrees; EB-3 Skilled Workers and EB-4 – Special Immigrants.

There are several ways an eligible individual can obtain a U.S. green card through employment or business.

They include:

Job Offer

The U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) website states that an individual can obtain a green card and acquire residency through a job offer.

An individual can apply for U.S. green card while still residing in another country by consular processing in which the Department of State and the USCIS work together to issue a visa to the foreign citizen.

If the individual is currently residing in the United States, he or she must complete form I-1140 Immigrant Petition for Alien Workers. Once that petition is approved, the individual fills out an application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status, form 1-485, along with supporting evidence.

An immigration attorney Dallas TX area can help you with this paperwork and prepare other evidence for the USCIS. This evidence includes a job offer letter from the new employer, a copy of the approved immigrant petition, evidence of admission or inspection into the U.S., also known as the arrival and departure record Form I-94, a medical exam form, Form G-325A (biographic information), sponsor letters and affidavit of support.

Entrepreneurship or Investment

A foreign entrepreneur who can guarantee the creation of ten or more jobs through a new business in the U.S. may be granted a green card by investment. The USCIS sets aside 10,000 visas for this purpose every year. The entrepreneur must invest $500,000 to $ 1,000,00 dollars for business or development in a high unemployment or rural area. To find out if all investment visa places have been taken for this year, contact an immigration attorney in the Dallas TX area.

If you live outside the U.S., you can be granted a Green Card through consular processing. The USCIS and Department of State work together to greenlight a visa based on an approved form 1-526 Immigrant Petition by Alien Entrepreneur.

If you are an entrepreneur already living in the U.S. adjustment of status could be granted if there are available visas and you complete Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence. You’ll need evidence of status including Form G-325A, two passport photos, certificate government-issued ID, medical and vaccination papers, and form I -526/Form I-799 approval. An entrepreneur’s spouse and single children must fill out form I-485 to be included as part of the visa. Each approved person is counted individually as part of the yearly 10,000 total.

Special Job Categories–International Organization Employees, Religious Workers, and Others

Other individuals can receive a green card through special job categories. These jobs include religious workers, broadcaster, armed forces members, and members of a recognized international organization, such as a retired NATO officer. Requirements vary for different types of special workers. Completion of Form I-360, Petition for Amerasian, Widow(er), or Special Immigrant may be necessary, along with passport photos, birth certificate, and medical and vaccination records.

That’s a lot to handle on your own. Between paperwork, legal requirements, and filing deadlines, you’ll need an immigration attorney in the Dallas TX area to counsel you on the green card process so you’ll obtain U.S. citizenship without delay. The Christensen Law Firm offers assistance for clients looking for a green card through a job or investment. Give us a call at (972) 497-1017 for a low-cost consultation. We know that price may be a concern so we can arrange payment plans.

Related Posts
  • I-751 Receipts Now Extend Your Conditional Green Card for Four Years!!! Read More
  • 5 Reasons Why Your Green Card Might Be Denied Read More
  • What Happens if You Get Divorced After Receiving a Green Card? Read More