What is A Spousal Petition? – Family Immigration Services in the Dallas TX area

american flag

Family immigration services in the Dallas TX area help married couples to stay together. By petitioning a spouse through U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services, you can bring your spouse into the U.S. as a lawful permanent resident or in other words, get them a green card.

Petitioning a spouse involves filing certain forms for your alien wife or husband to allow them into the United States. If you are a U.S. citizen (or hold a green card), and your spouse resides in another country, you’ll need to file an immigrant visa petition (Form I-130) and pay the filing fee. Contact immigration services if you are unsure about how to fill out forms.

All persons applying for a spousal petition must complete the following:

  • Fill out and sign two copies of form G-325A
  • Include any divorce papers, death certificates, etc. that demonstrate previous marriages are over
  • Passport-type photos for you and your spouse
  • Any evidence of legal name changes

U.S. citizens must provide documentation with spousal petition applications. The documentation should be either a valid U.S. passport, a U.S. birth certificate, a citizenship certificate or naturalization certificate. Green card holders must prove their status with a photocopy of the front and back of their green card (Form I-551) or a foreign passport with a stamp showing temporary evidence of your permanent residency.

If you have a green card or are a U.S. citizen and your spouse is still living in another country, the Law Office of Nathan Christensen PC provides immigration services in Dallas at affordable prices. We know how overwhelming it can be to fill out forms, calculate fees, and follow all the rules regarding immigration to the U.S. Call us today at 972-885-6625 for more information. We speak Spanish as well and offer low-cost consultations and payment plans in most cases. At The Law Office of Nathan Christensen PC, we take pride in helping our clients achieve the American dream.

Additional Reading

Related Posts
  • President Biden’s Process to Promote the Unity and Stability of Families Read More
  • What is President Biden’s Affirmative Relief Announcement? Read More
  • The U.S. Government Extend TPS Re-Registration Periods for El Salvador, Honduras, Haiti, Nicaragua, Nepal and Sudan. Read More